Baked Chicken Recipes
Chicken Cordon Bleu
A slightly unconventional, but delicious, recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- Salt and pepper
- 6 thin slices ham
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3/4 cup margarine*, melted
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board; cover with waxed paper, and lightly pound to flatten the breasts. Do not cut through meat. Discard waxed paper.
- Lightly salt and pepper the breasts. Place a slice of ham and 1/2 slice of Swiss cheese on each breast. (Cheese may need to be folded to fit on breast.) Roll the breast, jellyroll style; secure with a wooden pick.
- Combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Melt margarine* and dip rolled breasts in the margarine, then in the cracker crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
* We use butter.
This recipe is from The Magnolia Collection, Millbrook (Montgomery), Alabama.