Hoedown Barbecued Chicken
- 8 pieces skinless chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, divided
- 3/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- In skillet, place butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add chicken and onion and cook, turning, until chicken is browned on all sides.
- Remove from skillet, and place in a baking dish.
- Pour beer over chicken; sprinkle with HALF the dry soup mix. Turn chicken and sprinkle with remaining dry soup mix.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- In same skillet used for chicken, make sauce by mixing the preserves, ketchup, steak sauce, mustard and horseradish. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Pour over chicken and bake uncovered for another 20-30 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings