Chicken and Slick Dumplings
Slick or slippery dumplings are FLAT dumplings. They are also called
slickers. They do not rise, but stay flat during cooking.
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 2 cups. self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken or chickens in boiling salted water until tender.
- Remove chicken from broth. Let chicken cool.
- Debone chicken and set aside.
- When ready to finish, put chicken back into broth and bring to a boil.
- Put flour in large bowl; add oil. Add hot water, small amounts at a time. Stir with a fork.
- Lightly flour board and roll to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into squares or rectangles.
- Drop into boiling broth. Cover and cook until done.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: jeffreyww
>> Chicken and Dumpling Recipes