Chicken Livers Baked with Rice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 pound chicken livers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- Sprinkle chicken livers with salt and pepper.
- Shake livers in small amount of flour in paper bag.
- Brown livers quickly in butter in hot skillet. Place in six-cup casserole
- Sauté onion, celery and rice in butter remaining in skillet until slightly
- Add chicken broth. Stir well.
- Add parsley.
- Pour mixture over chicken livers. Cover tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until rice is tender and has absorbed
- Add more salt if needed.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chicken and Rice Recipes