Chicken Breast in Herb Mustard Cream Sauce
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cut in half
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon herbed Dijon mustard
- Sauté chicken breast halves in a little olive oil until golden brown and
- Remove to a warm plate.
- Pour off any excess oil from the pan.
- Over high heat, add the wine and balsamic vinegar, scraping the pan and
reducing the liquid until thick and syrupy.
- Add the heavy cream and boil vigorously, continuously scraping the pan with
a wooden spoon, until the cream is thick and reduced by about half its original
- Remove from heat, stir in the mustard, and spoon over the chicken.