Creamy Coriander Chicken
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets or boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro leaves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
* If using chicken breasts, slice each piece in half horizontally to make flat,
- Combine coriander, garlic salt, turmeric and 1 tablespoon cornstarch; pat
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken for 3 to 4
minutes per side until golden and cooked through.
- Remove chicken to platter; tent with foil.
- In a separate pan, steam sugar snap peas about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine broth, wine, cilantro and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch;
add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cook 1 minute.
- Stir in cream.
- Serve over chicken with sugar snap peas and couscous or rice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.