Chile-Orange Glazed Oven-Roasted Turkey
- 3 tablespoons ground dried New Mexico or California chiles (or 3 tablespoons chili powder)
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Mix ground chiles (or chili powder), orange juice concentrate, orange peel,
- The last 20 minutes the turkey cooks (at bone, the temperature in the breast
will be about 150 degrees F for birds up to 18 pounds, 115 degrees F for birds
over 18 pounds), spread glaze generously over turkey.
- Continue to cook until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of
the turkey breast to the bone registers 160 degrees F; if glaze starts to get
very dark, drape dark areas with foil.
Yield: Enough to glaze a 12 to 24-pound turkey
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Turkey Recipes