Fresh Thyme-Rubbed Turkey
with White Cranberry Baste
This is a delicious roasted turkey! You will want to make it again and again.
- 1 (12 pound) turkey
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups Ocean Spray® White Cranberry Juice Drink
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper and rub with thyme. Place on rack in
shallow roasting pan. Pour 2 cups of the cranberry juice into the bottom of the pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the cranberry juice and butter in a small bowl and generously
brush over turkey.
- Bake 20 minutes and brush with cranberry mixture.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Bake an additional 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours or until temperature reaches 175
degrees F in thickest point, brushing with cranberry mixture every 30 minutes.
Cover with foil if browning too quickly towards the end. Add remaining 1 cup
cranberry juice during baking if pan becomes dry.
- Drippings can be used for making gravy.
Prep Time 20 min | Cook Time 3 hr | Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.