with Roasted Pineapple
- 4 1/2-5 pound turkey breast
- 1 pineapple
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place turkey breast, skin side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat
thermometer so tip is in thickest part of meat and does not touch bone. Roast uncovered
- Peel pineapple. Cut lengthwise into 16 wedges; remove core. Cut each wedge in
half crosswise to make 32 wedges.
- Mix wine, honey, soy sauce, gingerroot and garlic. Arrange pineapple on rack
around turkey. Brush turkey and pineapple with wine mixture.
- Roast uncovered about 1 hour, brushing turkey and pineapple frequently with wine
mixture, until thermometer reads 170 degrees F and juice is no longer pink when
center is cut. Remove turkey and pineapple; keep warm.
- Pour drippings into measuring cup; skim off any excess fat. Add enough water
to drippings to measure 1 cup. Heat drippings to boiling in 1-quart saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into drippings. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve gravy with turkey.
Yield: 16 servings
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 11/3/2001 9:46 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.