Orange Bourbon Turkey Breast
- 1 (6 pound) fresh or frozen turkey breast
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup bourbon, divided
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 orange, peeled
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Orange slices (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse turkey with cold water; pat dry. Sprinkle salt into cavity. Stuff
cavity with oranges. Place turkey breast in a large oven bag.
- Combine orange juice, water, 1/2 cup bourbon, and molasses and pour over
turkey in bag. Place turkey on broiler pan Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until meat
thermometer reads 180 degrees F. Remove turkey from oven. Carefully remove turkey
from bag. Cover loosely with foil.; let stand at least 10 minutes. Discard oranges.
- Pour marinade juices into saucepan; bring to a boil. Skim foam from mixture
with slotted spoon; discard. Reduce heat to medium; cook until reduced to 3 1/2 cups (about 15 minutes).
- Combine remaining bourbon and flour in a small bowl, stirring well with
whisk. Add to reduce marinade; bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Serve sauce with turkey.
- Garnish with orange slices and parsley if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.