- 1 (2- to 2 1/2-pound) bone-in turkey breast half
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs (2 slices)
- 1/2 cup snipped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Remove bone from turkey breast. Cut a horizontal slit into thickest part
of turkey breast to form a 5 x 4-inch pocket. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, apricots, pecans, apple juice
or water, oil, rosemary, and garlic salt. Spoon stuffing mixture into pocket.
Securely fasten the opening with water-soaked wooden wooden picks or tie with
heavy cotton string.
- Stir together mustard and water; set aside.
- Place turkey, skin side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast turkey, uncovered, in a 325 degree F oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours
or until meat thermometer registers 170 degrees F and the stuffing registers
165 degrees F, brushing with mustard mixture during the last 30 minutes of roasting.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Turkey Recipes