- Vegetable oil
- 1 (10 to 12 pound) turkey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup fresh ground black pepper
- Grease a large brown paper grocery bag with vegetable oil and set aside.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the turkey and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, seasoned salt, garlic powder, liquid smoke
and black pepper and mix together to make a paste. Rub the turkey well with the paste, inside and out.
- Place the turkey in the greased bag and tie the bag closed with a piece
of string. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes
before untying the bag and removing the turkey.
Serves 10 to 12.