- Vegetable oil
- 1 (10 to 12 pound) turkey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
cup fresh ground black pepper
- Grease a large brown paper grocery bag with vegetable oil and set aside.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the turkey and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, seasoned salt, garlic powder, liquid smoke
and black pepper and mix together to make a paste. Rub the turkey well with
the paste, inside and out.
- Place the turkey in the greased bag and tie the bag closed with a piece
of string. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes
before untying the bag and removing the turkey.
Serves 10 to 12.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.