This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Picadillo-Stuffed Turkey with
Add Latin flavor to your holiday turkey with the addition of picadillo ingredients
to the STOVE TOP Stuffing.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 5 large navel oranges, divided
- 1 (15 pound) frozen turkey, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen tamarind pulp, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add pork; cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce; cook 2 minutes.
- Add stuffing mix, raisins, nuts and the juice of 2 oranges (about 1/2 cup);
mix well. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 15 minutes before stuffing the turkey.
- Remove and discard neck and giblets from turkey cavities. Rinse turkey;
drain well. Free legs from tucked position, but do not cut band of skin. Place turkey, breast-side up, in roasting pan.
- Spoon stuffing into neck and body cavities, being careful to not pack stuffing
into turkey too tightly. Return legs to tucked position; turn wings back to hold neck skin in place.
- Cut 1 orange into 8 slices; arrange over turkey. Cover breast loosely with
foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake for 3 hours, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Meanwhile, combine tamarind pulp, sugar and juice from remaining 2 oranges
- Remove foil; bake turkey 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done (165 degrees
F), brushing with 1/4 cup of the tamarind mixture for the last 15 minutes.
- Remove turkey from oven; let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, stir cornstarch into remaining tamarind mixture until completely
dissolved. Bring to boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter. Serve warm with turkey.
Prep Time 30 min | Total Time 4 hr 45 min | Yield: 24 servings
Serve with smart sides, such as a crisp mixed green salad and your favorite hot
A 12- to 14- pound frozen turkey needs 3 to 3 1/2 days of thawing time in the
refrigerator. The cooking time will range between 3 to 3-3/4 hours until the turkey
is done (165 degrees F).
Do not stuff turkey until ready to roast.
Nutritional Information 24 servings Amount Per Serving Calories 460
Total fat 20g Saturated fat 6g Cholesterol 130mg Sodium 260mg Carbohydrate
26g Dietary fiber 2g Sugars 17g Protein 45g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2 % DV Vitamin C 0% DV Calcium 6% DV Iron 20% DV
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions
as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes
only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation,
origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Kraft Kitchens