Pigs in Idaho® Potato Blankets
- 3 cups prepared mashed Idaho® potatoes (made from Idaho® potato flakes or from fresh potatoes)
- 6 links (about 18 ounces) cooked turkey bratwurst
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- Mustard to taste
- Breadcrumbs (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover a clean work surface with an 8-inch long piece of waxed paper. Pat 1/2 cup mashed potatoes into a 4 x 6-inch rectangle on top of the waxed paper. Place one bratwurst across the 4-inch side of the potato rectangle so that the ends hang over the edge of the potatoes.
- Using a spoon, place 1 tablespoon sauerkraut along the bratwurst. Drizzle mustard along the bratwurst, to taste.
- Gently pick up the waxed paper, using it to help roll the potato over the bratwurst to enclose it completely in potatoes. Gently transfer to a baking sheet and pat the seam closed. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Information: Calories: 245 Sodium: 1158 mg Fat: 25 g Protein: 12 g Cholesterol: 55 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Idaho Potato Commission