Pineapple Roast Turkey
- 1 (8 to 12 pound) turkey
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash turkey and pat dry. If desired, rub cavity lightly with salt. Fasten
neck skin to back and skewer. Fold wings across back with tips touching. Tuck
drumsticks under band of skin at tail or tie together with heavy string, then
tie to tail. Place turkey breast side up on rack in open shallow roasting pan.
Brush with vegetable oil. Insert meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part
of inside thigh muscle or thickest part of breast meat and does not touch bone.
- Roast uncovered at 325 degrees F for 3 hours.
- Pare pineapple; cut lengthwise into halves. Remove core; cut each half crosswise
into 8 slices.
- Mix wine, honey, soy, ginger, paprika and garlic.
- Arrange pineapple on rack around turkey.
- Brush turkey and pineapple with wine mixture. Continue roasting uncovered,
brushing turkey and pineapple frequently with wine mixture, until thermometer
registers 185 degrees F, about 1 hour longer, or move drumstick up and down
(when done the joint should give readily or break).
- Remove turkey and pineapple, keep warm.
- Pour drippings into 2-cup measuring cup; skim off any excess fat. Add enough
water to drippings to measure 2 cups. Heat dripping to boiling in saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into drippings. Boil and stir for 1
minute. Serve with turkey.
Yield: about 16 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.