Turkey and Cranberry Panini
- 2 ciabatta or foccacia rolls or 4 thick slices Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chile canned in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 2 slices onion
- 8 ounces sliced turkey
- 2 (1 ounce) slices Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut rolls in half lengthwise. Stir cranberry sauce, mayonnaise and chipotle in small bowl until well mixed.
- For each sandwich, spread cut surfaces of roll with cranberry mayonnaise mixture. Place 1/4 cup spinach, an onion slice, 4 ounces of turkey and a slice of cheese on bottom half of roll. Place top of roll on sandwich and flatten.
Brush both sides of sandwiches with olive oil.
- Heat sandwiches in panini press according to manufacturer's directions. Or heat sandwiches in a large skillet over medium heat. Place a heavy pan on sandwich and cook for 10 minutes, turning once or until sandwich is toasted and hot throughout.
Yield: 2 sandwiches
Recipe and photo used with permission from: