Ground Beef Master Mix
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 5 cups chopped celery
- 5 cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 5 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter over low heat in 8-quart skillet or roaster.
- Crumble beef into container and increase heat. When red color disappears,
add onions, green pepper and celery. Cook just until vegetables
- Add soup, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake in oven for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cool and divide into 5 freezer containers.
May be thawed and used for a variety of family meals (chili,
beef-a-roni, pizza, spaghetti, sloppy Joes and Spanish rice).