Mother's Day Recipes
Cappuccino Muffins with Skor Bars
- 5 (1.4 ounce) Skor bars
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line regular-size muffin pans with baking cups.
- In a food processor, chop the candy bars into 1/4 inch pieces. Set aside 1/2 cup of the pieces for topping.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream the eggs, oil, sugar, instant espresso, cinnamon and milk. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into the egg mixture until well-blended. Fold in the crushed candy bars and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each cup, filling about two-thirds full. Sprinkle reserved candy pieces over each muffin. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until muffins test done.