Sour Cream Peach Muffins
Almond Crunch Topping
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 or 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar - packed
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peaches - pitted, skins removed
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups.
- Prepare topping by mixing almonds, sugar, cinnamon and butter in a small
bowl until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together melted butter, oil and brown sugar. Stir
in eggs, vanilla extract and sour cream. Fold in flour, oatmeal, baking powder,
baking soda, and salt. Fold in chopped peaches.
- Using an ice cream scoop, deposit equal portions of batter into muffin cups.
Distribute topping on muffins.
- Bake until muffins test done by springing back when lightly touched with
fingertips (25-30 minutes).
- Cool well, then remove from pan to finish cooling on wire cake rack.
Yield: 9-12 large muffins
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.