This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Angel Sherbet Cake
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet
- 1 pint lime sherbet
- 1 angel food cake loaf (store bought, approximately 7 inches long x 3 3/4 inches wide)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Line two bread pans, approximately the same size as the angel food cake,
with plastic wrap. Soften the sherbet; scoop lime sherbet in one pan and raspberry
sherbet in the other. Spread the sherbet with a metal spatula dipped in hot
water. Sherbet should be approximately 1/2 inch deep. Refreeze the sherbet in
the pans for at least 1 hour or until hard.
- Trim edges of the angel food cake to even them; cut the angel food cake
in three lengthwise slices.
- Remove frozen lime and raspberry sherbet from freezer. Alternate layers;
cake, sherbet, cake, sherbet and cake. Cut off any oversized sherbet or cake
to insure that cake and sherbet are even on all sides of the cake. Refreeze
until solid; can be frozen up to 3 days if wrapped well in plastic wrap.
- Before serving, prepare the cake topping by whipping the cream until thick.
Add sugar and lemon juice and whip mixture until soft peaks form. Spread whipped
cream on cake. Refreeze cake until ready to serve.
- Remove cake from freezer and let soften for 5 to10 minutes.
- Slice with an electric knife. If desired, place cake slices on pools of
strawberry or raspberry sauce and top with lemon twist and mint.
Yield: 10 servings
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 338 calories, 4 g protein,
47 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 16 g fat (10 g saturated), 57 mg cholesterol, 19
mcg folate, 0 mg iron, 292 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Wheat Foods Council