Mother's Day Recipes
Lemon Cheesecake Muffins
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 (7.6 ounce) package lemon poppyseed muffin mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups;
spray paper cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar; beat until smooth. Add egg;
- In large bowl, combine muffin mix and milk; stir just until dry ingredients
are moistened. Spoon batter evenly into sprayed lined muffin cups.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture into center of batter in each cup,
pressing back of spoon down into batter and scraping off cream cheese mixture with another spoon.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins are golden brown
and cream cheese is set.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 12 muffins