Entenmann's Pound Cake
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract or vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8 1/2-inch loaf dish with Pam.
- Cream butter with sugar on high speed of mixer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 egg and then
a little flour, beating 2 minutes.
- Add second egg and half of remaining flour and
beat 2 minutes.
- Add 3rd egg and rest of flour and extract, beating 2 minutes.
- Spread thick and creamy batter evenly in prepared loaf dish.
- Bake 65 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in
baking pan on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Slice 1/2-inch thick.
If freezing, be sure to slice before freezing loaf. Thaw. Use within 6 months.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 11, 2001.
Source: I Dunno4 Recipes