Chewy Nutella Crinkles
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 ounce) jar Nutella
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- 2 cups finely chopped hazelnuts, divided
- Sifted confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine Nutella and shortening in a large mixing bowl; beat with electric mixer
on medium to high speed until combined. Add sugar; beat on medium speed until fluffy.
Add vanilla extract and eggs; beat just until combined.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to creamed mixture, beating on medium
speed just until combined. Use a spoon to stir in 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts. Cover
and chill for several hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shape the dough into 1- or 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll the balls in finely chopped
hazelnuts, then roll in confectioners' sugar. Place the balls 2 inches apart
on a lightly greased cookie sheet. (The cookies will spread and crinkle as they bake.)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until surface is cracked and cookies are set.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Makes about 6 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nutella Recipes