Chocolate Hazelnut Filled Cream Puffs
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 stick butter (3 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup eggs (about 5 eggs)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Cream Puffs: Bring water to a boil with the butter, salt and sugar in a 5-quart
saucepan. As soon as the butter has melted, remove from heat and add the flour.
Stir until mixture comes together into a solid mass. Place dough mass into a mixing
bowl. Add one egg at a time and incorporate completely. Continue adding eggs until
the pastry just holds it shape when lifted by a spoon. Using a large tablespoon,
spoon pastry dough onto Silpat-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degrees F oven until golden brown.
- Filling: In a large bowl whip cream to a medium stiffness. Add Nutella and fold
into cream mixture.
- Assembly: Cut cream puffs in half. If needed hollow out any extra pastry inside.
Spoon chocolate hazelnut cream into cream puff. Place top of cream puff back and
sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Bryan Woolley, teacher at Sur La Table
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nutella Recipes