Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread (Nutella)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts with skins on
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup
semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place hazelnuts in a single layer on a shallow baking pan. Toast until the skins
are almost black, about 15 minutes.
- Wrap hot hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel, and rub until most of the skins
have come off. Discard skins.
- Process nuts in the bowl of a food processor, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally,
until they have liquefied, about 5 minutes. Set the hazelnuts aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, chocolate chips, and honey in a heatproof bowl or
the top of a double boiler; set over a pan of simmering water. Stirring occasionally,
heat until the chocolate chips have melted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the hot chocolate mixture to the liquefied hazelnuts, and process until the
mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the spread to an airtight container, and store, refrigerated, up to