Chocolate Hazelnut Swirl Ring
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons
granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Nutella, warmed slightly (see instructions)
- 2 tablespoons water (for
- In large bowl using electric mixer, stir together warm water, yeast, 2 tablespoons
sugar and salt. Add butter and 1 cup flour. Mix on medium speed for 4 minutes. Add
remaining 2 cups flour and mix for 2 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with nonstick spray and place dough in it, turning once.
Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 1 hour in warm place until double in volume.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment
- When dough has fully risen, punch down and transfer to floured surface. Roll
dough into a 12 x 16-inch rectangle and spread evenly with warmed hazelnut spread,
leaving 1 inch bare at edges. Beginning at long end, tightly roll dough like a newspaper,
forming a 16-inch long log. Brush 2 ends with water and bring together, pinching
to form ring. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Using sharp knife sprayed with
nonstick cooking spray, make 12 slices into the ring, being sure bottom, interior
portion stays intact. Allow 1 inch between each slice. Gently separate buns, and
let them rest against one another like dominoes. Brush ring with 2 tablespoons water
and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until
golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
- To warm hazelnut spread: In microwave, heat on HIGH in microwaveable bowl for
5 seconds. Or on stovetop, heat on low heat in pot until creamy.
Servings: 12; serving size: 1 slice
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nutella Recipes