Nutella Swirl Ring
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Nutella, warmed slightly (see instructions)
- 2 tablespoons water, for brushing nonstick cooking spray
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, stir 1/2 cup warm water, yeast, 2 tablespoons
sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add 1 cup flour and the butter and mix on medium speed
for 4 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 cups flour, and mix for an additional 2 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with nonstick spray or butter and place the dough on it,
turning it once. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 1 hour in a warm place
until it doubles in volume.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- When the dough has fully risen, punch it down, and transfer to a floured surface.
Roll the dough out to a 12 x 16-inch rectangle and spread evenly with the warmed
Nutella, leaving a 1-inch band around the edge, bare. Beginning at the long end,
tightly roll up the dough like a newspaper, forming a 16-inch long log. Brush the
ends with a little water and bring them together to form a ring. Transfer ring to
prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray,
slice the ring into 12 individual buns, being sure not to cut all the way through
so that the buns are still connected and allowing 1 inch between each slice. Gently
separate them, so they rest against each other like dominos. Brush the ring with
2 tablespoons water and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for 35-45
minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
To warm Nutella: In microwave, heat on HIGH for 5 seconds in a microwavable bowl.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nutella Recipes