- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 9 ounces chopped, semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 6 ounces chocolate
- 5 1/2 ounces skinned and toasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix the cream, butter and corn syrup together in a saucepan. Place over medium
heat and bring to a full boil. Turn off heat.
- Add 9 ounces of the chopped chocolate, and gently swirl the pan. Do not stir.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the Nutella and whisk slowly to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 45 minutes, stirring every
- Meanwhile, line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After 45 minutes, the mixture will start to thicken quickly, keep refrigerated
another 11 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or two spoons, form the mixture into 1-inch balls
and and place on the prepared sheets. Chill until firm, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the balls are chilling, melt the remaining 6 ounces of chocolate. After
it is completely melted, allow to cool slightly before continuing.
- Place chopped hazelnuts in a small bowl. Remove the balls from the refrigerator.
Using one hand, dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Roll it around in your
hand, allow the excess to drip back into the bowl. Place the truffle in the chopped
hazelnuts. With your clean hand, cover the truffle with the nuts. Lift it out and
place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining truffles.
- Place back in the refrigerator for 5-8 minutes to set.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nutella Recipes