This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake
- 1 (3.9 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray Deep Dish Baker with nonstick cooking
spray. Cut a 10-inch circle of Parchment Paper; place in bottom of Baker. Spray
with nonstick cooking spray.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk until mixture
is smooth and begins to thicken. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips; set
- In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, eggs and water; mix
until smooth. Pour 1 1/4 cups of the batter; set aside. Spread remaining batter
over bottom of Baker.
- Using Small Scoop, scoop pudding in circular pattern 1/2 inch from edge
of Baker. Spread remaining batter over pudding. Bake 35-40 minutes or until
Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides
of cake from Baker, carefully invert cake onto Round Platter.
- Combine remaining chocolate chips and half of the whipped topping in Small
Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted; mix until smooth.
Reserve 1/4 cup of the glaze; set aside.
- Pour remaining glaze over cake. Spread glaze to edge of cake, allowing glaze
to drip down sides. Place raspberries evenly over top of cake 1 inch from edge;
drizzle with reserved glaze. Garnish with whipped topping using Easy Accent
Decorator, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol
40 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 420 mg, Fiber 2 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef