Brownies for Passover
These brownies are delicious during Passover or any time of year!
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter
1 bar (2 ounces total) unsweetened chocolatebaking bar, broken into pieces
1/2 cup Passover cake meal
3 tablespoons unsweetened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon sour cream
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
- Melt margarine or butter and baking bar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over
low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat; cool until lukewarm.
- Combine cake meal and cocoa in small bowl.
- Beat sugar and eggs in large mixer bowl until mixture is thick and light
- Stir in sour cream and melted chocolate mixture.
- Add cocoa mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
Preparation Time: 12 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Servings: 16 brownies
Note: These brownies will keep for several days in a covered container.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 170 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat:
11 g Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 75 mg Carbohydrates: 19 g Dietary
Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 13 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.