Brownies for Passover
These brownies are delicious during Passover or any time of year!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter
- 1 bar (2 ounces total) unsweetened chocolatebaking bar, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup Passover cake meal
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
- Melt margarine or butter and baking bar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over
low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat; cool until lukewarm.
- Combine cake meal and cocoa in small bowl.
- Beat sugar and eggs in large mixer bowl until mixture is thick and light
- Stir in sour cream and melted chocolate mixture.
- Add cocoa mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
Prep Time: 12 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Servings: 16 brownies
These brownies will keep for several days in a covered container.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 170 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat:
11 g Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 75 mg Carbohydrates: 19 g Dietary
Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 13 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé® and meals.com