This chocolate-shop treat is much easier to make than you'd think. Fresh
strawberries and good chocolate are all you need.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups milk, semisweet, or bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Make sure your strawberries are washed, dried, and at room temperature.
Using berries with fresh green leaves (rather than bedraggled, brownish leaves)
is a better choice.
- Ready a piece of parchment paper, foil, or waxed paper large enough to hold
the berries in a single layer. Place the paper on a baking sheet.
- Put the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat it for about 1 minute,
just till it looks soft and shiny.
- Use a spoon to stir the chocolate till it's melted and smooth.
- Grasp a strawberry by its stem, and swirl it in the chocolate to coat all
sides. Place on the paper or foil.
- Repeat with the remaining berries, spacing them so they don't touch.
- Refrigerate the berries for 20 minutes; this will set the chocolate. Remove
them from the refrigerator, and let them harden completely at room temperature.
- Serve the same day, if possible.
Hands-on time: 15 to 20 min | | Yield: 1 quart dipped strawberries
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
King Arthur Flour
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Passover Recipes