As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16-ounce) jar herring snacks in wine sauce with onion
- 1 matzo, crumbled
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar or sweet red wine (optional)
- Drain wine sauce into small bowl. Add crumbled matzo to absorb the liquid.
- Finely chop together the herring, onions from the herring jar, the fresh
onion and the apple. Add the soaked matzo and hard-boiled eggs and chop until
thoroughly blended. Add sugar or wine, if desired.
Delicious piled on matzo.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Passover Recipes