- 1 (16-ounce) jar herring snacks in wine sauce with onion
- 1 matzo, crumbled
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar or sweet red wine (optional)
- Drain wine sauce into small bowl. Add crumbled matzo to absorb the liquid.
- Finely chop together the herring, onions from the herring jar, the fresh
onion and the apple. Add the soaked matzo and hard-boiled eggs and chop until
thoroughly blended. Add sugar or wine, if desired.
Delicious piled on matzo.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Passover Recipes