Flourless Chocolate-Pecan Cake with Apricot Glaze
This delicious cake will receive rave reviews at Passover, as well as throughout
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted margarine or butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup apricot jam or preserves
- Non-dairy whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Line
bottom with parchment or wax paper. Grease paper.
- Place morsels, butter, water and coffee granules in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Stir
in nuts, cocoa and granulated sugar until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl for 5 minutes or until the volume doubles.
Fold 1/3 of beaten eggs into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining beaten eggs
1/3 at a time until thoroughly incorporated. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 37 minutes or until cake has risen (center will still move
and appear underbaked) and edges start to get firm and shiny. Cool completely
in pan on wire rack (center will sink slightly). Cover cake; refrigerate for
4 hours or overnight. (Cake can be prepared up to 4 days in advance.)
- To serve: About 30 minutes before serving, remove side of pan by first running
knife around edge of cake. Invert cake on sheet of parchment paper, peel off
parchment pan liner, and turn the cake right-side up on serving platter. Microwave
jam in small, microwave-safe dish on HIGH (100%) power for 10 to 15 seconds;
stir. Spoon over top and edge of cake.
- Serve with dollop of whipped topping.
Prepn Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 40 min | Servings: 12
Nutritional Information: Calories: 470 Calories from Fat: 310 Total Fat:
34 g Saturated Fat: 9 g Cholesterol: 140 mg Sodium: 55 mg Carbohydrates: 36 g Dietary
Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 26 g Protein: 8 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and meals.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Passover Recipes