Passover Jam Thumbprint Cookies
These delicious cookies are perfect for Passover since they use potato starch
and matzoh meal instead of flour. The recipe was given to recipegoldmine.com by
Kellie Head, the chief mom at
Parenting Humor, a fun
site for parents.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups matzoh meal, minus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Jam (about 1/2 cup), your choice of flavors
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer for about 10 minutes until
- Add eggs and beat 5 minutes more.
- Sift together matzoh meal, potato starch and salt. Add to batter. Mix in
lemon juice and peel. Form dough into 1-inch balls, and roll these balls in
the finely chopped nuts. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets about 1 1/2
inches apart. Make a small indentation in center of cookie with thumb.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and press down centers to keep indentation. Cool slightly
Makes about 8 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Passover Recipes