Passover Orange Roast Brisket
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) beef brisket
- 2 or 3 onions, sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Passover fruit wine
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Rub meat with seasonings. Let stand overnight in the refrigerator. Line
a roasting pan with half the sliced onions and lay meat on top, fat side up.
- Combine juice, wine, sugar and ketchup and pour over roast. Top with remaining
- Roast at 325 degrees F for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from oven 1/2 hour before carving.
- Slice across the grain.
Yield: 10 servings
Can be made in the slow cooker!
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by rosskat from New York, USA