- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Bring the oil, salt and water to a boil. Add the matzo meal and stir with
a spoon. When it becomes sticky, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the sugar and eggs, beating well after each addition. Dipping your hands
in cold water first, take dough about the size of a tennis ball and mold into
a sphere. Place on the cookie sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used, wetting
hands before making each popover. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until puffy.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F and bake another 30 minutes until