Passover Red Snapper
- 1 (4 pound) whole red snapper or 2 red snappers totaling 5 pounds or 4 1/2 pounds bluefish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 anchovy fillets
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup matzo meal
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 lemon, cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
- Cut fish open, wash thoroughly, and pat dry with paper towel. Lightly Season
with salt and pepper and place skin side down on an oiled baking dish.
- Heat anchovies with 4 tablespoons of oil and stir to make a paste. Remove
from heat, add matzo meal and parsley, and mix to combine. Spread this mixture
over fish. Place the rosemary leaves along the bone without touching the flesh
too much, since rosemary should give off fragrance, but not flavor in this
- Place in a 400 degree F oven and bake 20 to 30 minutes for smaller fish,
30 to 45 minutes for larger fish, or until top is browned and fish well dried.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Shared with recipegoldmine.com by rosskat from New York, USA
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.