Passover Rhubarb Cobbler
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 cups rhubarb pieces, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Raspberry or lemon sorbet
- In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, mix 1 1/4 cups sugar and tapioca. Add
rhubarb, raspberries, and lemon juice; mix gently but thoroughly. Let stand
15 minutes to 1 hour to soften tapioca; mix several times.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or a bowl, whirl or rub together with your
fingers the matzo meal, the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, butter and nutmeg until
fine crumbs form. Squeeze to compact into lumps, then crumble over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven until cobbler is bubbling in center and top
is golden brown, about 1 hour. Let cool 15 minutes; spoon cobbler into bowls
and top with sorbet, if desired.
Submitted to recipegoldmine.com by rosskat from New York, USA.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.