Potato Kugel Puffs
Create classic potato pancakes with traditional ingredients and preparation.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium carrot,
finely shredded (3/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 box (about 6 ounces) potato pancake
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 1 large or 2 medium cookie sheets with
shortening or cooking spray.
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat margarine, onion, carrot and water to boiling.
Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 2 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix pancake mix, matzo meal, parsley, nutmeg and pepper.
- Add hot vegetable mixture; stir until blended.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until stiff
- Fold egg whites into potato mixture until well blended.
- Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet, forming 12 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly
to a 3-inch round, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool for 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet.
- Serve immediately, bottom side up.
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 50 min | Makes: 12 servings
Potato pancake mix that is kosher for Passover is available where other Passover
products are sold.
Add even more delicious flavor to these airy potato treats by topping them with
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 30); Total
Fat 3 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 80mg;
Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.