Braided Spaghetti Bread
Scott, who works in the Rhodes Bake-N-Serv computer department, came up with
this delicious recipe for his family. He loves spaghetti and bread, and it just
seemed right that they should go together! It has become his wife's favorite Sunday
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella
cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Parmesan cheese
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll loaf or combined dinner rolls into a 12x16-inch rectangle.
- Cover with
plastic wrap and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Drain and let cool slightly.
- Remove wrap from dough.
- Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down center
- Top with sauce and cheese cubes.
- Make cuts 1 1/2 inches apart on long sides
of dough to within 1/2-inch of filling.
- Begin braid by folding top and bottom
strips toward filling.
- Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish
by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Lift braid with both hands and place on a large, sprayed baking sheet.
with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, and slice to serve.
Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time) | Bake Time: 30-35 min | Servings:
8 | Skills: Intermediate
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.