Chicken Garden Pasta
Enjoy the fresh tastes of spring all year ‘round. This flavorful dish brings
plenty of color and heart-smart antioxidants to the dinner table.
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 6 ounces (2 cups) dried rotini or penne pasta
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast
halves, cut in strips
- 1 cup sliced green or yellow sweet pepper
- 1/2 medium
onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- (optional) garlic powder
- (optional) pepper
- (optional) olives
- (optional) parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cook chicken, sweet pepper and onion in oil in large skillet over medium-high
heat 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add undrained tomatoes; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Add olives, if desired.
- Toss with hot pasta.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 40 min | Total Time: 50 min | Serves: 4
Recipe and photo credit:
Del Monte Foods.