Chicken with Chipotle Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pounds
boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (from 7-ounce can), finely chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and
garlic in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer
pink in center.
- Stir in chile and Alfredo sauce; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve chicken mixture over pasta; sprinkle with cilantro.
To keep cilantro fresh for a few days, freshly cut the stems and place in a container
in an inch or two of water. Cover loosely with a plastic bag and refrigerate.
Alfredo sauce comes in a variety of flavors; experiment to find your favorite.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 740(Calories from Fat
400), Total Fat 44g (Saturated Fat 24g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g), Cholesterol 185mg; Sodium
530mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 41g
Exchanges: 3 Starch; 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 6 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: