Creamy Bacon Pasta
This is very tasty. I sometimes add fresh diced Roma tomatoes to it for a little
- 12 to 15 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 16 ounces cooked and drained penne pasta
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Cook bacon until crisp, remove and drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in same skillet, add mushrooms and garlic
and cook until tender.
- Stir in cooked pasta and the next three ingredients. Simmer
over medium to low heat stirring often until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in bacon and
green onions, mixing to incorporate.
- Serve hot.
Serves 4 to 6.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.