Creamy Tomato and Olive Pasta
- 8 ounces penne or flavored penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 large ripe tomatoes or 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup part-skim or whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup quartered Lindsay® Ripe Pitted Olives or Lindsay® Pimiento Stuffed Spanish Manzanilla Olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin or basil infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place a strainer over a large bowl. Cut tomatoes crosswise in half;
use your finger to push seeds and juice into strainer. Use a wooden spoon to press
on the seeds extracting the juices; discard seeds. Chop tomatoes and add to bowl
with tomato juices.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Drain pasta, add to bowl and toss with ricotta mixture.
- Transfer to serving plates; top with additional pepper if desired.
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 4
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories: 400 Calories from fat: 148 Total fat: 16g
Monounsaturated fat: 9g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 542mg Total Carbohydrates: 49g
Dietary Fiber: 3g Protein: 15g
Reprinted with permission from
Lindsay Olives (Bell-Carter Foods, Inc.).