Easy Pasta Skillet
Why reach for the packaged meal kits on the grocery shelf when you can prepare a hearty homemade pasta dish with ingredients you typically have on hand. Your whole family will be asking for this meal week after week.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (24 to 26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 3 cups uncooked pasta, such as penne or rotini
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese(2 cups), divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, water and Italian seasoning. Bring to boil. Add pasta; mix well. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 379 Sodium: 666mg Fat: 15g Carbohydrates: 38g Cholesterol: 57mg Protein: 23g Fiber: 3g
Prep: 5 min | Cook: 25 min | Yield: 8 (1-cup) servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: McCormick