Greek-Style Penne with Fresh
Tomatoes, Feta and Dill
For this warm-weather dish, a salsa cruda a la Grec - or uncooked Greek-style
sauce - is combined with hot pasta and served at once. Be sure to use the ripest,
juiciest tomatoes you can find, preferably from a farmers' market or your own
- 2 pounds tomatoes, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions (white
and pale green parts only)
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Set tomato mixture aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm
to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Add hot pasta to tomato mixture and toss
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
4 to 6 servings.
Source: Bon Appetit - August 2002