Herbed Crabmeat Pasta
Yield: 6 to 8 servings; serving 6 generously
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound tricolor rotini or spiral pasta
- 1 head fennel, sliced into thin strips
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound crabmeat, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- Dressing: In a large bowl, mix dill, parsley, chives, mustard and oil.
- Pasta: Cook pasta in boiling water according to package instructions; 3 minutes before cooked to al dente stage, add fennel, celery and carrots.
- Drain; transfer pasta mixture to the bowl with the dressing; add crabmeat and toss.
- Add shredded cheese and toss again.
- Serve immediately or re-warm in microwave, loosely covered.