Pasta with Chunky Peppers
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh cheese or meat-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium red and/or yellow peppers, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil (optional garnish)
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pepper chunks, onion, garlic, basil, salt and pepper; saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine or broth; reduce heat to low. Cover vegetable mixture and simmer for 10 minutes, or until peppers are very soft.
- Drain tortellini; toss with pepper sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with basil, if desired.