Pasta with Marinated Tomatoes
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped coarsely
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drain and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil. loose packed
- 1/2 pound pasta, Garganelle or penne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine fresh and sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta. While hot, toss with the marinade mixture.
- Coarsely chop basil and toss with pasta.
- Serve immediately at room temperature.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com
Source: Recipe by Lisa Stapor (artsycook)