Penne with Tomatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large bunch basil, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound Mozzarella, cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound penne, cooked al dente
- 6 teaspoons freshly-grated Parmesan
- Combine all ingredients except penne and Parmesan. Toss well.
- Place bowl in bright sun for about 2 to 4 hours. If the sun is unavailable, allow mixture to remain at room temperature for at least four hours.
- Place penne in serving bowl.
- Top with tomato and cheese mixture. Toss well.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 servings